Thursday, February 14, 2008

Well my prayers were not answered.

URGH. I have to go to the dentist, the Doc says my ears look good, and he thinks I may have an abscess, which I have since been informed usually means the tooth has to come out or a root canal.
Heck I am terrified to get a cavity filled let a lone a root canal or a tooth removed. But right about now I wouldn't care if I could get it done. I am on the cancellation list in this town and emergency list for the town 40 mins away. The quickest either can get me in is 4 months time. 4 MONTHS!!!!!!! that is unreal.
We really can't afford to travel 4 hours to a dentist, even though people have told me that you can get an appointment fairly quick. This is one of the times I wish I was on social assistance, the trip would be paid for, and half the dental work paid as well. Rod's company insurance covers 100% of dental work up to a certain amount. So the only money I would need would be the travel money.
We may just have to budget it in, cause I don't know how much more of this I can take.
I am on antibiotics, so hopefully if there is an infection there it may help, I have so many meds in me, it may not be safe for me to close my eyes tonight, and I still have a shit load of pain. I even tried icing the pain away but that didn't help. I read to take a shot of whiskey and hold it near the tooth for a little and spit it out. Wonder would Vodka work ( I have the vodka in the house from a few months ago)
Anyone have any advice for the pain, while I wait to get into see a dentist?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I found your blog via Attila's.
I'm french but writing from Frankfurt, Germany, where I live since 26 years.
I cannot imagine how you feel (almost everybody's on social security in Germany and also if you aren't, you can anytime go to the doctor or dentist and don't have to pay: the social department does it for you.)
I have read your last entries:you have had a hard time and I want you to know, that I pray for you and your little man((hug))
p.s. you don't suck! I have only two friends I mean somebody you can call at 3am to pick you up in the middle of nowhere. I call Attila my blog friend (she's so lovable!!!) but that's all. I have no direction and not a lot to look forward: you have your son. I have laugh reading about the "scrapbook": I have the same problem!!! lol !!! It never comes to an end...I'll keep in touch if you want. Keep strong!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have visited Frankfurt a few times, it is a beautiful place. I would like to keep in contact, I know how it feels to be alone in a strange place ( I lived in the Netherlands for almost 5 years).

Attila the Mom said...

OWWWWW!! How you feeling now?

Unknown said...

I am feeling way better now, after the antibiotics the doc gave me the pain went away when I finished them, so I guess it was an infection thank god. I still have not heard back from either of the 2 dentist offices I contacted, so I can only imagine if I still had pain.