Sunday, January 8, 2012

Experimenting…

I did a little shopping today, and while I was there I decided to pick up a few pens to try for my claying.

That is what I have been up to as of late.

First I want to apologize for going AWOL. With Christmas and all I have been so busy, making clay ornaments for people and dealing with a lot of health issues, and also activities with my son.

So sorry for not posting/blogging.

But anyway, I picked up some pens today to test, the 2 packs on the right are from the dollar store, and the one to the left (BIC) is from Wal-Mart.

I am really hoping the dollar store ones work, because 1.50$ for 20 is such a good deal, but not such a good deal if they are not over safe.

So here we go.

000_0001

Three different kinds of ball point pens. Bic, Papermate, and Studio.

000_0002

Here they are ready for the oven. I folded up some tinfoil in an accordion fold so they are not resting flat on the baking sheet. I saw someone said to use cardstock, but to me paper + heat, not a good combination.000_0003

Well they all came out of the oven fairly good, the Studio one had a little bend in it, so I would not recommend that one. But the papermate and the BIC stood up pretty good.

At least they didn’t turn out like these pens below, I found these around the house, and I was itching to try covering a pen with clay, but this is what happened…

103_2459

Needless to say this was a fail lol.

But here are my first 2 attempts with the pens that were oven safe…

103_2457

103_2465

What do you think?? I think they turned out pretty good for my first try.

Well I will leave you all for now, have to get my boy ready for bed.

Hope you all had a great weekend, and have a great week.

Hugs,

Melissa D

3 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

I have never seen this done before, awesome !!!!
Paula

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is wonderful Melissa! I work for STAEDTLER and use Fimo but I am new too making clay creations. And this project that you did here is totally amazing. Wow, you did an amazing job. Love your creative thinking. I would have never thought to make an apple with worm. You should be so proud of yourself because you are a wonderful clay artist.

Thanks for following my blog and my channel at You Tube. I am so happy that you are another follower from back home. I so miss home and wish that we could live back there, but that is not happening it seems. I am off to look at your channel and will email you personally over there okay. Thanks for your kind words about my work. Look forward to getting to know you better. Hugs.

Nicole said...

Those are really cute!